We are looking for a highly skilled engineer with experience and knowledge on 3GPP standards to work Cordoba based (Argentina).
• Assist with the resolution of a wide range of GUL (GSM, UMTS, LTE) network faults, including performance metrics and call processing related issues.
• Generate documentation such as test plans/reports, feature analysis based on testing, deployment guides for code/configuration changes, MOP’s, ATP’s, etc.
• Generate and apply preventive routines and procedure and deliver high quality reports to the customer.
• Deliver advanced analysis of platform KPIs and statistics in order to generate trend reports and identify potential issues or threats to the Oracle platforms.
• Follow up and update technical tickets SRs at My Oracle Support on customer´s behalf.
• Assist the customer in preparing maintenance windows execution: knowledge transfer regarding the activities to be executed, prepare customer documentation, identify risks and potential impacts and prepare contingency plans.
• Respond to emergency calls 24/7 to support and evaluate operational problems, issues, analyze, perform workaround or solution on short term proposals.
• Willing to attend duty shifts of 24 X 7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
Skills and background:
• Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar field.
• 3 or more years of hands-on experience for IT / Telecommunications industry.
• Hands-on experience with EPC Core nodes and Monitoring System(s).
• Knowledge of some of the follow protocols SS7/SIGTRAN/GSM MAP/TCAP, Diameter.
• Knowledge of 3GPP standards, control plane network architecture, and call flows to assist with core network design and architecture review.
• Knowledge on 4G and 3G networks node Interfaces and architecture for Protocols such as SCTP, GTP, TCP, ICMP, UDP, Diameter.
• Desirable knowledge on Linux/Unix.
• Confident to deal with customer incidents and issues on demand.
• Willing to attend and support Maintenance Window by week (on site or remotely).
• Willing to do domestic and international travel on short notice up to 20% of time.
• Spanish speaker with effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluent English speaking and writing required.